Our Mission: To Fund St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarships
All proceeds from Toast of the Town sponsorships and tickets—magnified by a two-to-one match by St. David’s Foundation Community Fund—are dedicated to the St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship Fund. This scholarship fund awards needs and merit based scholarships to Central Texas high school seniors for their education in health-related degree programs at Texas colleges and universities.
The St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship Fund is one of the largest scholarship programs in Central Texas, supporting scholars from Travis, Hays, Williamson, Bastrop and Caldwell counties. Since the program’s inception in 2005, more than 340 students have received the scholarships to study medicine, nursing, physical therapy, biomedical engineering and other health-related careers.
Jonaphine Rae Mata
2012 Scholarship Recipient, graduate of The University of Texas at Austin and currently enrolled at Texas A&M College of Medicine
“Going to college to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor was a financial impossibility for my family. The St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship has allowed me to make my dream a reality. It has also opened a network of support from people who truly believe in me and will help me achieve my goals. Simply put, the Neal Kocurek Scholarship has been one of the greatest blessings in my life, and it has truly changed it.”
- Up to $7,500 is awarded per scholar annually for up to eight years, totaling up to $60,000.
- 182 employees of St. David’s HealthCare are currently volunteering as scholar mentors.
- 117 Kocurek Scholars have received undergraduate degrees.
- 55 scholars are currently in graduate or medical school.
- 93 percent of the scholars have continued with their degree programs.